I had one of the best community service activities ever, last weekend! My fellow bloggers and myself did a community service event to fulfill some of our club requirements. Our project was to clean the Pali Highway on Saturday, January 22 at the crack of dawn. Of course, when I first heard that this was going to be our project, I was like, “A highway……. really…….. at 6:30 in the morning…….. you’re KIDDING.” However, when I met up with my fellow blogger, Chardonnay, I knew that it was going to be a great day.

Char and I walked to school to meet up with the rest of the bloggers before the sun ever came up. I do not even remember the last time I was up so early! We then rode together to the bottom of the highway near the HPU windward campus.We got our gear on and devised our game plan for the treacherous highway.

We got into groups so that we could cover more ground and off we went! It showed to be a very fun and fulfilling day, indeed. I honestly never thought that picking up cigarette butts and pieces of glass could be so much fun. LOL.

Seriously though, doing community service made me feel so good about myself. I was proud of myself for sacrificing the evening prior (going to sleep early so I could wake up early!) and the entire morning for a project that helped the environment. Because of the Chaminade bloggers and our commitment, the highway is a little cleaner than before.=]

Orange is my color dontcha think?;p

2 Comments so far

1.    Chardonnay on February 6, 2012 12:39 pm      

Nice post seki! This was seriously a really fun day… we gotta plan our Bloggers day outing so we can have a round two on this Bizzzzz.

2.    chelsea on February 14, 2012 12:21 am      

Seriously, picking up trash has never been that fun. HAHAHA!

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind