STEPHEN BLESSMAN, KATHRYN INOUYE AND JANET LIANG JOIN CHAMINADE’S BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Chaminade University’s Board of Regents has appointed three new members to its Board of Governors:
- Stephen W. Blessman, full-time financial investor in the green economy;
- Kathryn W. Inouye, Partner & Chief Operating Officer, Kobayashi Group, LLC;
- Janet Liang, President, Kaiser Permanente — Hawaii Region.
They each have begun their first three-year terms, which end in April 2015.
“We are grateful to our new governors for their willingness to be involved with Chaminade. Their knowledge, expertise, and experience are invaluable towards keeping the education we offer our students relevant and the university sustainable,” said Kathleen “Kitty” Wo, chair for the university’s Board of Regents.
Chaminade governors already currently serving include:
- As officers, Michael Kerr (chair), Anton Krucky (vice chair), Sharon McPhee (second vice chair) and Blaine Rand Y. Lesnik (secretary);
- As members, Arnold M. Baptiste, Jr., John C. Brogan, Sai Cheong Chui, Walter A. Dods, Jr., Adelia C. Dung, Edward K.O. Eu, Eddie Flores, Jr., Col. Christine M. Gayagas (Ret.), Robert S. Harrison, Ed and Lynn Hogan, Gary Hogan, Bro. Robert Juenemann, SM, Richard C. Lim, Joseph Melehan, Wilson Thomas Orbe, Donald D. Rodrigues, Richard E. Tanaka, James J. Viso, Gulab Watumull, Julie T. Watumull, J. Michael Windsor, Jim R. Yates, and Adm. R.J. Zlatoper, USN (Ret.);
- And as ex-officio members, Kathleen “Kitty” Wo (Chaminade regent chair), Bro. Bernard Ploeger, SM, (Chaminade president), and Diane Peters-Nguyen (vice president for Institutional Advancement).
The Board of Governors is responsible for advising Chaminade’s president and its Board of Regents regarding strategic planning, academic programs and external relations of the university.