HPD SWAT TEAM TO HOLD EMERGENCY DRILL THURSDAY MORNING -Chaminade University, Saint Louis School and Marianist Center Affected
The Honolulu Police Department (HPD) SWAT Team will do a campus-wide emergency drill on Thursday, Aug. 2, from 10-11:30 a.m. All those who are on the shared campus of Chaminade University, Saint Louis School, and Marianist Center will be asked to follow emergency instructions as it comes through the emergency notification systems.
WHEN: Thurs., Aug. 2, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- HPD SWAT Team will arrive, suit up in complete combat gear and begin their tactical agenda, which includes a campus sweep.
- Emergency notifications will be sent out using campus phones and campus computers, mass emails, text alerts and high power array system (i.e. library loud speakers).
- Information will also be available on www.chaminade.edu
- Follow the emergency drill instructions as listed in the emergency notification message.
THE MESSAGE YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Honolulu Police DRILL. NOT AN EMERGENCY: Please stay in place. Do not leave your area or building until given the ‘All Clear’. Go to: www.chaminade.edu
WHAT TO DO IF ON CAMPUS:
Stay in place in your area or building for the duration of the exercise until you are given the “All Clear” through the emergency notification system or your building marshals.
WHY THE DRILL: The mock exercise is an opportunity to test campus security under special emergency circumstances. It will test campus readiness and lead to improvement options.
WHY NOW: There is no good time for an emergency. This was the best time for HPD before the fall opening of the university and Saint Louis.
CONTACTS: (Do not call during exercise unless an emergency)
- Melvin DeCosta, director of Security, firstname.lastname@example.org(808) 735-4792
- Grissel Benitez-Hodge, dean of Students, email@example.com,(808) 735-4852
- Bro. Tom Payne, Environmental Safety officer,
- OR FOLLOW ON TWITTER