HONOLULU—April 14, 2014—Chaminade University received grants totaling more than $364,000 in the first three months of 2014. Awards ranged from several thousand dollars for student scholarships to $150,000 for campus renovations, and include the following:
- An anonymous California-based foundation awarded $150,000 for renovations to create new nursing classrooms.
- First Hawaiian Bank Foundation awarded $75,000 to build new athletics support facilities.
- HMSA Foundation awarded $75,000 for a biomedical pipeline partnership project between Chaminade and JABSOM.
- American Savings Bank (through Hawaiian Electric Industries Charitable Foundation) awarded $30,000 to support the 2014 Hogan Entrepreneurs/American Savings Bank Non-Profit Business Plan Competition.
- Office of Hawaiian Affairs awarded $30,000 for Native Hawaiian nursing scholarships.
- The Vincent & Katherine Neal Memorial Fund administered by Hawaii Community Foundation awarded $4,286 for scholarships for education majors.
Educating students for life, service and successful careers, Chaminade University is a Catholic/ Marianist university offering programs of study grounded in the liberal arts with day, evening, online and accelerated courses. A Native Hawaiian serving institution, Chaminade is located at 3140 Waialae Ave., Honolulu, HI 96816. For more information, visit the Chaminade Web site at www.chaminade.edu or call (808) 735-4711.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Kapono Ryan
Office (808) 735-4797