4 weeks down? Say what!

Chaminade's Men's Soccer and Women's Volleyball teams with a handful of students at the OSAL BBQ 08/26/2011

Aloha bloggers and Silverswords!

I can’t believe how fast time is flying! It seems like just yesterday was the first day of school and now it’s the beginning of the 5th week. I hope everyone’s semester is off to a productive start. :)

For a quick introduction, my name’s Jeremy Belt and I just started my senior year here at Chaminade. I’m double majoring in Psychology and Criminal Justice/Criminology, and I couldn’t be more interested in any other program than those two; I truly learn something new each week that will one day apply to my career. After living in residence halls for two years on campus, I now live with roommates from CUH by Kahala Mall, which is where I work part-time as a sales associate at PacSun. I also work part-time on campus at the Computer Help Desk, and currently hold the position of Vice-President of Internal Affairs on the Chaminade Student Government Association executive board… that’s basically a fancy phrase for historian of CSGA ;)

This year is promising to the best for both student welfare and on-campus events/programs ever. With roughly 450 new incoming and transfer students this Fall, it’s no surprise that the atmosphere and spirit of the student body is full of energy and potential for a great year! Within the first four weeks of the semester, CSGA has sworn in it’s executive, allocations, and programming boards, as well as filled the Senate through fall elections. This is the first time the Senate has had all 12 positions full in quite a while, which is all the better for the eventful semester we have underway.

The main event this semester is only two weeks away, Chaminade’s 2nd annual IRIE-connect concert, featuring THE GREEN and NESIAN NINE! This event will be held Saturday, October 1, from 6-10 pm on the Library Lawn. All CUH students get in for free, and are allowed one guest for a $5 admission. In promotion for the concert, CSGA and Programming Board will be throwing a BBQ this upcoming Friday, September 23 from 12:30-1:30 pm in the Henry courtyard. I hope to see as many Silverswords there as the welcome back BBQ back in August!

As a first time blogger, I’m excited to be part of the Silversword bloggers, showing prospective students and the rest of the world what Chaminade spirit is all about!

Until next time, shoots!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Jeremy. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jeremy

Howzit everyone? My name's Jeremy and I just started my senior year here at Chaminade University. This is by far the most exciting year out of the 4 I've been here to be a part of CUH and all the activities we have to offer. A little bit about me, I'm a Psychology and Criminology/Criminal Justice double major, I've been a part of Chaminade's Student Government Association since my sophomore year, serving various positions, currently holding the VP of Internal Afffairs spot on the CSGA Executive Board. I like going to the beach and working out when I'm not in class or working one of my two jobs on campus and at PacSun Kahala Mall.

3 thoughts on “4 weeks down? Say what!

1. Just wanted to say congrats on the blogging! Also as past csga president and former student at CUH I’m so proud of you all for keeping CSGA alive and better then ever before! This is a great year for you all enjoy it and I wish I was there! I hope Irie Connect 2 is better then Irie Connect 1 do it bigger and better then what we did last year and nothing would make me prouder as that was Ryan and mines baby and we worked so hard on it! I love you all and keep making me proud!!!! Aloha!!!!

Jennifer Perez
    Former CSGA President and CUH student!

2. Shoots!

Great post, Jeremy! I’m excited about the IRIE-connect concert, happy to help you get the word out– Lets pass that news along!

3. Thanks Jenn! It just now posted last night, I think because I had to take admin privilege over my posts lol… Hope you get to see all the pics and the blog i put up last night on the concert, it was so good, I have nothing but guarantee that the future CSGA admins will keep the concert alive and going strong :)