Silversword Bloggers

Chaminade University Blog Club

Experiencing Hawaii

February 9, 2012 by Christina · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

As a “newbie” to the state of Hawaii I have to act like a tourist wherever I go, meaning I have my phone out taking pictures left and right and during my excursions at orientation we were taken to the Polynesian Culture Center..or as I like to refer to it as cultural “Disneyland.” It’s so much fun and I learned a lot! Seeing the different cultures and traditions of the people in the different islands made me open my eyes because, before then, I had no idea about their heritage. If you haven’t gone, please put that on your bucket list!

Hello fellow Chaminadeans, I am a new blogger and will be writing about my experiences here in the Aloha state, in addition I would like to know what sparks your interests?? I will be doing different things here and writing reviews about it, as well as posting up pictures & videos…please feel free to leave me feedback!!

-Mahalo….Christy

2 Comments so far ↓

• admin

Nice post, Christina! I agree, the Polynesian Cultural Center does have a Disneyland flavor.

• Chardonnay

PCC is so much fun. There’s so much to do there. U really should check them out next year, they put on a haunted show along the lagoon. Im so glad that you’re interested in the Polynesian culture. It’s something very special :)